July 16 – 17, 2021
The Cadillac Arts Council and Up North Arts, Inc. wishes to announce that while you will not be able to attend our usual Art Fair in the City Park, live music in the Rotary Pavilion, food booths on Lake Street or kids art activities, you WILL be able still be able enjoy art in new and exciting ways.
The Cadillac Festival of the Arts committee has made the tough decision that due to the Covid-19 pandemic that the 52nd Cadillac Festival of the Arts will not take place in it’s traditional format. However, they are busy putting together a calendar of artful activities to fill the week. Art Fest Reimagined!
• A web page is being developed devoted to providing links to the Art Fair vendors to patrons will be able to find their favorite artist so they are still able to acquire the art they have come to enjoy and love.
• A calendar of live streamed music is being put together with musicians such as Escaping Pavement, Max Lockwood, Frank Youngman, Chris Buhalis, Rachael Davis, Deep Fried Pickle Project Jug Band and more.
• A list of virtual art museum from around the world is being coordinated to give our patrons to view art that they would most likely never have the opportunity to see.
• Community chalk and lawn art opportunities for city residents (and those in other areas) are being coordinated to give residents fun and artful projects to beautify their home and the city.
• Local restaurants have been contacted to have daily specials promoted as part of the Taste of Cadillac that normally occurs, as well.
• A web page will also provide opportunities to donate to those non-profit groups that use the Arts Festival to make money for their organizations.
The committee hopes Arts Festival patrons will support these organizations that are so important to our community.
Other activities may also be developed and announced as the festival dates approach. The festival committee hopes the community will embrace these new chances to engage and enjoy art.