August 8th, 2020
This year, we’re going virtual! A virtual 5K helps us stop the spread of germs and disease and allows race participants to run or walk their race anywhere they would like to at any time of the day!
Stay tuned for more information!
Rise ‘n Shine is our largest fundraiser of the year. As a non-profit, the YMCA’s Cause is to strengthen the foundations of our community through Youth, Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. We refuse to turn anyone away from becoming a member or participating in our programming due to financial reasons. The Financial Assistance Program ensures that ALL are truly welcome to the YMCA. Your support by running in the races or donating to our program endorses your belief in creating a better, happier community by providing youth programming, health and wellness, and an opportunity to give back.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR VIRTUAL 5K
Before the Race:
- Access to content created for race participants
- Packet Pickup, which includes a t-shirt and medal
- Support and interaction with our amazing running and walking community
During the Race:
- Complete your 5K at any time during the Rise ‘n Shine timeline (stay tuned!)
- Submit your time and photo for our public virtual race results
After the Race:
- Share your post-race selfie with your finisher medal
- Unofficial virtual race results will be posted on this page
All proceeds from the event will go to the Dow Bay Area Family YMCA Financial Assistance Program.