The town has it’s historical society located near McHattie Park off Pontiac Trail.
The Historical Park has the Witch’s Hat Depot that was built in 1909 which serves as the museum. The original Lutheran church along with one of the original one room school houses are also present in the Historical Park. They are constantly looking for historical pictures from the early days of South Lyon and have many brochures that explain the early settlements. If one wishes to know more, they can obtain a CD titled “As Time Goes By” which is a more in-depth look into the early days of South Lyon.